Independent Arts Projects is a producing and management organisation led by Mhari Robinson, based in Edinburgh.
We present & tour performance projects by extraordinary artists at every stage of their careers. We work with individual artists and collectives, supporting them to create their best work and connecting them with audiences across Scotland and beyond.
Coming up in 2019:
- IAP will produce and support VALENTINA’S GALAXY by Frozen Charlotte which will be presented at Edinburgh International Children’s Festival from 25 May-1 June
- IAP will co-present a Symposium on Sensory Performance on 3 June
- IAP are supporting three shows as part of Edinburgh Festival Fringe this August – all part of the Made in Scotland showcase:
- MOOT MOOT, by live artists Cade & MacAskill as doppelgänger talk show hosts Barry & Barry, explores connection & communication in the social media / post-truth world
- VALENTINA’S GALAXY by Frozen Charlotte is inspired by the first women in space – for starry-eyed 2-6 year olds and their adults.
- BLOOD AND GOLD by Scottish-Kenjan storyteller Mara Menzies explores the legacy of colonialism and slavery in a new work about identity and belonging today.
- In the autumn, Mamoru Iriguchi’s EATEN for everyone aged 6+, will tour Scotland from 11 September – 6 October
- IAP are currently tour booking WAVES by Alice Mary Cooper which will tour Scotland from 3-25 April 2020.
Pictured: Joy Maria Onotu & Melanie Jordan in Frozen Charlotte’s Valentina’s Galaxy. Image by Brian Hartley / Stillmotion.
To keep up to date with the latest from Independent Arts Projects, sign up to our newsletter below.