Signposting benefits, statements, support for arts workers following the COVID-19 outbreak. Last updated: 24 March.
Advice and Guidance on the outbreak
– NHS Inform
– Scottish Government advice
– UK Government’s Coronavirus Action Plan
Government support & benefits:
– Employment & Support Allowance – you have to have paid NI contributions over last 2-3 years, if that isn’t you, look at…
– Universal Credit (they are suspending the minimum income floor restriction and you won’t have to go to a job centre) –
– There is Hardship Fund that has been given to local councils to help people with council tax.
– In Scotland, if you are experiencing hardship, you can apply for a crisis grant from the Scottish Welfare Fund,
– HMRC (0800 015 9559) will arrange bespoke time to pay your taxes – allowing a little more time to pay your taxes.
– Scottish Government have announced a £320M rescue package for business
– Support for those affected by COVID-19 on gov.uk
– Complete ban on evictions and extra protection for renters
– A-Z of Funding & Resources collated by Creative Scotland
– Arts Council England: Emergency Funding Package
– Acting for Others: offers emotional and financial support to theatre workers
– The Actors Children Trust – for parent-actors
– Creative Scotland’s Sustaining Creative Development Fund
– Dance Professionals Fund
– Emergency Support for UK Theatre Artists
– Industry Specific Benevolent Funds list
– MAD Trust Covid-19 Harship Fund
– Smallwood Trust provides to support to women on low incomes
– Financial help & rights (including 3 months mortgage holidays, credit card breaks)- see more in this article from MoneySavingExpert.
Other kinds of support:
- Mind: Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Facebook Group for self-employed support during outbreak
- Facebook Group: UK Theatre Industry Corona Virus
- Donate to help self-employed workers during the outbreak
- ArtsMinds – support the industry
- Sign this petition to give self-employed people Statutory Sick Pay
- Theatre Helpline: Call 0800 915 4617/email email@example.com.
- Film & TV Helpline: 0800 054 0000
- NHS’ list of Mental Health Helplines
Response from Arts Funders, Unions & Industry:
– The Stage – Coronavirus: breaking news, live updates
– Creative Scotland, 27 March
– Arts Council England response, 24 March
– Arts Council Northern Ireland, 16 March
– Equity, 14 March
– London Funders, 13 March
– FST (Federation of Scottish Theatre), 13 March
– Global responses from Arts Councils, 12 March
– Help Musicians, 12 March
– Theatre Forum Ireland, updated 12 March
– Arts Council Wales, 9 March
– ITC (Independent Theatre Council), 6 March (for producers, organisers)
Recording the impact of Covid-19 on Arts Workers – data collection
– FST have been in touch with members asking them to quantify the impact to cashflow and the direct/indirect impact on employment over the next few months (this is sensitive information and it is to be treated in confidence);
– Culture Counts is collating qualitative feedback on the impact,
– Tracy Brabin MP, is seeking to hear concerns from freelancers working in sport or creative industries so she can pull a dossier together to give to UKGov.
If you have other helpful references, please let us know.