Here are some producing resources, information, tips, tricks, factsheets and related information (some information is Scotland specific).
- How to Put on a Show (useful guide from EdFringe.com)
- Tortoise In A Nutshell’s Current and Potential Impacts of Brexit and COVID-19 on the UK Theatre Sector and International Touring Landscape, April 2021 by Mollie Hodkinson
Child Performance License
- Guidance: Getting It Right for Young Performers
- Application: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-child-performance-licence
- Crowdfunder – Creative Scotland Crowdfunder
- Patreon – Collect fans/patrons that pay you regularly (per month or per project). Interesting crowdfunding fun. Looks like hard work (like all things). People making it work: Bryony Kimmings, Harry Giles & Amanda Palmer.
- Kickstarter – The market leader for crowdfunding sites. Great for search facility – lots of examples of great projects funded through this – Megaphone, Touretteshero, & Hidden Door.
- Bank Account Comparison table (from SCVO) – aimed at Charities but good for non-profits too.
- Wave (free book-keeping software online).
- Creative Scotland’s Covid-19 Funding & Resource Directory
- Open4Community – subscribe to their brilliant weekly email newsletters for new funding – Edinburgh – Glasgow – (the funds they share are not specific to these cities)
- Funding Scotland – super, searchable website for trusts and foundations. Free to use.
- YouthLink Scotland Funding Directory
- Project Management software (with free options you can actually use)
- Asana – project/task management – sort your tasks (and receive or assign them to others) until the end of time
- Airtable – online database sharing
- Podio – completely customisable workspace
- Slack – keep all your chats in one place, integrate with calendars, filing sharing, etc.
- Trello – Like a big post-note to do list in the cloud
- Routes In: A Guide to Getting Work programmed in the North of England, April 2021
- STAMP: Supporting Theatre Artists and Makers of Performance (London)
Email producing (at) independentartsprojects (dot) com if you have any suggestions for additions.